Why Are The Roaches In Northeast Ohio So Hard To Get Rid Of?
November 15, 2022
Cockroaches are one pest you don’t want in your home. Not only are they incredibly harmful to human health, but they are also notorious for being one of the most difficult pests to get rid of. They are one of the many reasons people seek professional pest control in Akron. Read on to learn why these pests are dangerous, why they’re difficult to get rid of, and how Epcon Lane can help your home be roach-free year-round today!
What Do Cockroaches Look Like?
We all have a general idea of what a roach looks like, but they are actually quite different looking depending on their species. Below are the most common types of cockroaches you’ll find invading Akron homes:
- American cockroaches: As the largest species of cockroach, American roaches can grow up to three inches in length. Both males and females have wings, allowing them to easily travel short distances around your home. Oftentimes, they choose the warmest, most humid areas of your home to set up shop.
- Oriental cockroaches: These pests are also known as "water bugs." These roaches have smooth, shiny bodies, and are typically dark brown or black in color. Oriental roaches have a distinctive, musty smell that people describe as powerful and unpleasant.
- German cockroaches: German roaches are typically tan in color with a white horizontal stripe running across their body, and are perhaps the most common type of roach you’ll find invading homes. While both males and females have wings, they are unlikely to use them to fly around. The roaches in your kitchen and pantry are most likely German roaches.
No matter what type you’re dealing with, the expert technicians at Epcon Lane have the skills and tools needed to beat them. If you’re finding signs of roaches in your home, don’t wait; give us a call today!
Are Cockroaches Dangerous To Have In Your Home?
They aren’t just gross; it’s so important to get rid of roaches because they are incredibly harmful to human health. By simply scurrying across your countertops, cooking ware, and other places you store food, cockroaches can spread:
- E.coli infection: This is a gastrointestinal disease that is known for its severe stomach cramping, diarrhea (that can be bloody), and severe vomiting. You can also contract a fever that takes five to seven days to clear up.
- Listeria: This is the most severe gastrointestinal disease that roaches spread. The symptoms can include fever, muscle aches, confusion, loss of balance, a stiff neck, and convulsions.
- Asthma and allergies: Their saliva, feces, and shedding body parts can also trigger asthma and allergies in people. This happens because the allergens act like dust mites, aggravating existing symptoms when they are kicked up in the air.
As a family-owned company, we know how important your and your family’s health is, and we take it seriously. Our technicians have the experience needed to safely eliminate these pests without anyone contracting a harmful disease. Don’t risk your health; call for help today!
Why Is It So Hard To Get Rid Of Roaches Inside Homes?
Unfortunately, if you find a cockroach in your home, it’s likely that you already have a severe infestation. Roaches are prolific breeders, with one female roach producing up to three thousand eggs in her lifetime. Not only are they reproducing constantly, but over-the-counter cockroach control is simply not strong enough to permanently destroy the nest.
Effective Cockroach Control In Northeast Ohio
If you want to kill cockroaches in Akron, then your best bet is to call the expert pest control technicians at Epcon Lane. Armed with the most advanced tools and treatments available on the professional market, we utilize only EPA-approved products that are deadly to bugs and gentle on the environment. Let’s work together to keep your family safe and healthy; call today.